What is the Patient Portal?
Helping enhance communications between students and the health and wellness team, is the Patient Portal. With an account, this secure and confidential digital portal provides students the opportunity to:
- Schedule and access appointments for health care. (Please call 315.443.8000 to schedule a counseling appointment.)
- Securely communicate with the health and wellness team.
- Access and submit records such as health statements and immunization history.
Please note, that MindSpa appointments are now made in the Wellness Portal.
Accessing the Patient Portal
Using the Patient Portal
Only Syracuse University students have access to the Patient Portal.
Students may access charge details and/or retrieve an itemized receipt through the following actions.
- Logging into the Patient Portal and click on the "Statements" tab.
- Contacting the Barnes Center at The Arch Medical Records Office by calling 315.443.2667.
Students may use the Patient Portal to upload or access immunization, health history and additional health care records.
For instructions on accessing health care records, log into the Patient Portal.
All non-emergency, well visits and immunization appointments may be made with the Patient Portal. More urgent non-emergency appointments, such as sick visits may be scheduled starting after midnight the night before the desired visit date.
If you are having multiple health concerns, please select multiple appointment visit types. If you were seen recently for the same concern, contact the Barnes Center at The Arch to speak with your health care provider's nurse.
Some appointments require prior discussion with a health care representation before booking, so if you do not find an appointment visit type that closely meets your needs, email the Barnes Center at The Arch or call 315.443.8000 to schedule an appointment.
Please note, sick appointments can only be made as “Same Day” appointments. The “Same Day” appointments open at midnight each day. If you are trying to make a sick appointment for later in the week, you will either need to call The Barnes Center at the Arch, Health, or schedule a “Same Day” appointment on the day you would like to come in.
Log onto the Patient Portal with your Net ID and password.
1. Read all information on the page before proceeding.
2. On the top bar, click on “Appointment”.
3. You will see a “Welcome to Self Scheduling”, please read the important information before scheduling your appointment since some appointments will require a call to our Health Clinic.
4. Under “Select a Reason for Your Appointment” click on the symptom you would like to be seen for. If you cannot find it on the list or have multiple symptoms that are not related, please call us at 315-443-8000.
5. Use Drop Down menus to fill in the blanks.
6. Under Provider – choose a provider you would like or select all for any provider. Please note – if you are scheduling for a prescription refill, you will need to choose the provider who has prescribed it to you. If you have questions, please call us at 315-443-8000.
7. Click Submit.
8. There will be a pop up window with special instructions; be sure to read this before continuing.
9. Select the date/time that works with your schedule .
10. Please bring your insurance card in a hard-copy form and be 5 minutes early to allow for check-in paperwork.
Using the Patient Portal, students may receive messages from health care providers containing next step instructions. To access messages from health care providers, log into the Patient Portal.
You may complete forms within the Patient Portal.
- After logging in, click the “Forms” option on the top menu.
- A list of forms will appear on the next webpage.
- Required forms will be marked with a red asterisks (*).
- Begin the process by clicking on the desired form and then follow prompts to complete.
- Please note the following:
- Identification and Authorization - This form gives the Barnes Center at The Arch staff permission to treat you at our clinics along with providing us an emergency contact. To sign, use your finger on a touch screen or the mouse on your computer.
- Health History - Check all medical conditions that you have had in the past or currently have. Students (for minors this is required by their parent/guardian) must fill out this part in full. This form will provide us with information needed to best treat you should you visit our health clinic. Please remember that your health information is strictly confidential and cannot be shared with any other part of the University.
- Waiver Form (Meningitis) – The Meningitis A vaccine requirement may be waived by completing this form. This form is only required if you have not had the immunization or you have had the vaccine but not within the past 5 years and after 16 years of age.
- Immunization Form – Your health care provider may complete this form if they do not have a copy of your immunization records.
- Minor Consent and Waiver – This form must be completed by a parent/guardian if you will not be 18 years of age by the time you begin classes. Please print this form and complete it in full.a. Once you have completed the form, you will need to upload it to the Patient Portal.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening - ALL students are required to complete the TB screening. You (and for those under age 18, your parent/guardian) must fill out this part in full. Please read each question carefully.
Gender identity and pronouns may be selected using the Patient Portal.
- After logging in, in the top left box select your name.
- Click ‘edit profile’ and select gender identity and pronouns.
You may update your preferred name within the Patient Portal.
- After logging in, in the top left box select your name.
- Click ‘edit profile’ and enter your preferred name.