Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Phone number: 315.443.5691
Fax number: 315.443.7981
Electronic prescribing information: Surescripts Network – Syracuse University Health Service Pharmacy 13244
In a centralized and accessible on-campus location, the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy is full-service, available to students, faculty and staff, and certified as an Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) provider. The pharmacy and retail space provide a wide selection of prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, dietary supplements and health and wellness supplies in addition to pharmaceutical education and counseling. Prescriptions are accepted from Barnes Center at The Arch licensed health care providers and external health care providers.
While the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy is happy to fill all student prescriptions, students may use the pharmacy of their choice. A list of community pharmacies may be found on the After-Hours Care page.
View more information below:
For questions or additional information, please email the Barnes Center at The Arch, or call 315.443.5691.
Prescriptions from the Barnes Center at The Arch Health Care Providers
If you receive a prescription from a Barnes Center at The Arch health care provider, your prescription will be digitally sent to the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy, unless you request a different pharmacy. View a list of nearby pharmacies on the After-Hours Care webpage.
Prescriptions from an External Provider
If you seek to fill a prescription prescribed by an external provider, like your home physician, please have your provider fax, phone or electronically prescribe a new prescription to Syracuse University’s Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy. Per New York State law, when using an outside pharmacy, individuals are only allowed one transfer refill, per request. Pending state laws, you may lose all of your refills.
Refilling a Prescription
For convenience, the Pharmacy provides multiple prescription refill options.
- Refill online using the Patient Portal.
- Refill by calling 315.443.5691.
The Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy maintains a large inventory of common non-prescription items and health supplies. Among hundreds of items in the retail pharmacy, you’ll find:
- Chest Binders
- Ear Care Supplies (ear plugs, ear wax remover, etc.)
- Eye Care Supplies (saline solution, contact lens cleaner, eye drops, etc.)
- First Aid Kits and Supplies (antibiotic ointment, bandages, cold/hot packs, etc.)
- Herbal Teas
- Oral Hygiene Supplies
- Over-the-Counter Medication (allergy, cold/flu, pain relievers, stomach pain/gas relievers, etc.)
- Sanitary Items (pads, tampons, yeast infection treatment, etc.)
- Sexual Health Supplies (condoms, lubricants, emergency contraception, etc.)
- Please note: Syracuse University students have access to various sexual health supplies at no extra cost. These items are not located in the pharmacy retail space. Visit the Sexual Health webpage for more information.
- Toiletries and Personal Care Items (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.)
- Travel Supplies
- Vitamins and Supplements
Our pharmacists are happy to answer questions and help you chose the best over-the-counter medication(s) for your needs. Don’t see what you need? Let us know by calling 315.443.5691 or emailing the Barnes Center at The Arch.