Schedule an Appointment
- Call 315.443.8000
- Patient Portal (Temporarily unavailable for scheduling appointments, please call the Barnes Center at 315.443.8000 to schedule an appointment.)
Sexual Health Care Hours
Fall 2020: Visit the Barnes Center at The Arch Fall 2020 webpage for information surrounding how to access services, resources and the actions taken in support of cleaning procedures and healthy habits. For the latest information on health and safety precautions and updates from the University, please visit syracuse.edu/Fall2020.
The Barnes Center at The Arch health and wellness team can assess, treat, educate and provide resources specific to sexual and reproductive health. If you are sexually active, be sure to talk to your health care provider about STI testing and contraceptive options that work best for your individual needs.
Explore the different sexual health services below:
These guidelines are for consensual sex and consent is required for all sexual interactions. If you are initiating sexual activity, you can make sure you have consent by remembering "Got Consent: Be SU.R.E" (Shared Understanding, Respect and Enthusiasm).
- COVID-19 spreads through fluids such as saliva and mucus, and most effectively when someone is within 6 feet of another individual. Although sexual transmission does not effectively transmit other coronaviruses through sex, we know that COVID-19 has been found in fecal matter and semen.
- The safest sex partner during this time is yourself. Practice masturbation, self-pleasure, having phone sex or cyber-intimate time with a partner, while you are physically not in the same space but can practice mutual masturbation or self-touch.
- Remember if you are using sex toys to make sure you are properly cleaning them. Learn helpful cleaning tips today!
- If you are having physical sexual interactions with others, the safest people are individuals that you are living with and have been practicing social distancing with. If you do have sex with other people, have as few partners as possible and practice protected sex.
- Do not have sex (especially kissing) if you or your partner(s) are not feeling well, have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to and told to self-isolate.
- It is important to consider if you or your partner(s) have medical conditions that increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. If so, you may want to avoid physical sexual interactions at this time.
- Remember you can get your safer sex supplies including condoms, lubricant, oral dams and hand protection from the Safer Sex Express. These orders are free and delivered directly to on campus residential mailboxes or available for pick-up at designated locations for off campus students.
For questions or for more information, please contact Barnes Center at The Arch Health Care by calling 315.443.8000.
- Contraceptive Management
- Pregnancy Counseling
- Pregnancy Testing
- Preventive Counseling
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Examinations
- Testing And Treatment For Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Bystander Intervention
- Preventive Education
- Sexual and Relationship Violence
Request a sexual health education presentation or workshop, today!
Safer Sex Express is a no cost, sexual health supply ordering service for Syracuse University students. Students may order condoms, lubricants, oral dams and hand protection. Each order is placed in discrete packaging to ensure student's privacy. Students living in a residence hall may have their order delivered directly to their mailbox. Those not living in a residence hall may privately pick up their order in the Barnes Center at The Arch anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Students can access the Safer Sex Express Order Form via the Wellness Portal.
- Lifestyles brand lubricated condoms including Assorted Colors, Latex Free and Ultra-Sensitive.
- Trojan brand lubricated condoms.
- Non-lubricated condoms also available.
- Lager-sized condoms available by using promo code "MAGNUM."
- FC2 Internal Condom designed to be used for vaginal or anal play (when inner ring is removed).
- Water-based including ID Glide and ONE brands and safe to use with all condoms.
- Silicone-based including ONE brands and safe to use with all condoms. (Please note that silicone lubricant is not compatible with silicone sex toys.)
- Lixx brand measuring approximately 7 by 5 inches.
- Sheer Glyde brand measuring approximately 10 by 6 inches.
- Latex-free gloves in sizes small, medium and large.
- Finger cots made of premium quality latex.