When posting a job on Handshake, we encourage the use of this template. This template provides an outline for your information to be showcased in an organized way. For assistance please contact Student Employment Services.
’Cuse Works: Department – Job Title
Note to Applicants
As a part-time student employee, you are an employee at-will, meaning you have the right to end your employment at any time for any reason, and the University may do the same. Your employment is also specifically conditioned on your being and remaining a student in good standing, satisfactory performance of work, availability of work, and legal eligibility to work in the United States. Work may become unavailable due to health or safety concerns, or a change in instructional format. Student employment job opportunities are currently limited to students present in the United States.
- It is likely that a student does not have knowledge of departments that are hiring.
- Departments should give detailed information on their mission statement and daily operations.
- Give interesting facts to attract students’ attention.
- One to two paragraphs is preferred.
- Indicate the details of the job.
- Amount of hours per week.
- Semester, academic year, and/or summer position.
- Matriculated Syracuse University students and/or College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY ESF) students, Le Moyne College, and Onondaga Community College (OCC).
- Indicate if Federal Work-Study is required or preferred.
- Other qualifications such as detail orientated, customer service experience, organizational skills, etc.
University Shared Competencies to be Gained
- Refer to the University Shared Competencies list to make selection.
- Job posts are required to have Ethics, Integrity, and Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion as a University Shared Competency.
- Select at least one more competency from the University Shared Competencies
Professional Skills to be Gained
- ’Cuse Works has established a list of Professional Skills:
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Other skills may be added that are appropriate based on the job.
- Job posts must have at least three Professional Skills.