Schine Student Center
(Under renovation until Fall 2020)
The Hildegarde and J. Myer Schine Student Center is the hub of student life on campus – a place for students to eat, gather, study and lounge. While construction is underway, the Syracuse University Bookstore, ‘Cuse Copy Center and Goldstein Auditorium will remain open and operational.Access to the bookstore and copy center will be through the Einhorn Family Walk entrance. Access to the auditorium will be through the east entrance in between Schine and Bird Library. For details on dining options during construction, visit the Food Services website.
The exciting transformation of the building prioritizes the following:
- Enhanced accessibility, including the installation of accessible pathways using universal design;
- An upgraded dining experience with additional seating and varied dining options;
- Centralized spaces for student activities, including an expanded space that co-locates the Disability Cultural Center, Office of Multicultural Affairs and LGBT Resource Center to further promote and celebrate intersectionality and inclusion;
- Opening and expanding the central atrium, creating a lounge on the main atrium floor and greater connectivity across the building’s floors.
- Versatile spaces and seating conducive to supporting student organization activities, studying, group meetings or lounging.
Goldstein Student Center
Located on South Campus
The Ann and Alfred Goldstein Student Center is located on South Campus, serving as a gathering place for South Campus, off-campus and commuter students. The student center houses a dining center, convenience store, computer cluster, laundry room, fitness center, ATM, and study lounge.