Be a part of Syracuse University’s Greek community history, reaching back as far as 1871.
Syracuse University’s Membership Requirements to Join a Greek Organization
In addition to the University’s requirements for membership, each council may have its own requirements that affect associated chapters. Some Greek organizations have their own chapter-specific requirements as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
IFC Fraternities are governed by the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC).
- Fall 2021 IFC Recruitment Registration Now Open!!!!
- Syracuse University’s IFC Organizations
- NIC’s Website
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
MGC organizations are part of the National APIDA Panhellenic Association (NAPA).
National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO)
NALFO is an umbrella coalition consisting of 16 fraternities and sororities, 7 of which have chapters at Syracuse University.
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is composed of 9 fraternities and sororities, 5 of which have chapters at Syracuse University.
Panhellenic Council (PHC)
PHC Sororities are governed by the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC).
- Fall 2021 Informal Recruitment also known as Continuous Open Bidding (COB) will begin Sept. 6th.
- Chapters who will be participating will be posted in mid-August!!!!!!!
- Syracuse University’s PHC Organizations
- NPC’s Website
- NPC’s Manual of Information
Professional Fraternity Council (PFC)
PFC organizations are governed by the Professional Fraternity Association (PFA).