If you have requested a new I-20 or DS-2019 from the Center for International Services but are not in Syracuse and cannot come to the center to pick up your document, you can request that the new I-20 or DS-2019 be sent to you by one of the following express shipping and mailing options:
University Express Mail Services
You can arrange for your I-20 or DS-2019 to be shipped to you by UPS, FedEx or DHL, at your expense, by scheduling a shipment on the University Express Mail Services Website.
To process the University Express Mail Services request, follow these instructions:
- Register and activate your account at University Express Mail Services. Registration and activation of your account is free.
- Log in and click the “Receive Package from University” option.
- Create an order by following the instructions below (from the University Express Mail Services website instructions):
- Select the university you want and click Continue.
- Select the appropriate department and click Continue.
- Confirm your address information and click Continue.
- Select your desired service level from the available options and click Continue. Select your preferred method of payment and fill out all the required details.
- Click on the Confirm Payment button and upon successful shipment creation, you will be presented with the shipment summary page. The university is then notified and will process your request. You can track the shipment using the Tracking or Order Number provided.
- Notify the Center for International Services that you have arranged for shipping through University Express Mail Services. Note: You must also submit your I-20 or DS-2019 request to the Center for International Services. The University Express Mail Services shipping order is a shipping order only, not a document request.
Regular Airmail Delivery
(For Standard International Shipments)
Delivery by regular overseas airmail can take several weeks, depending on the destination. Additionally, there is no tracking confirmation option for airmail. If you are currently outside of the US and want your documents sent by regular overseas mail, please indicate this preference when submitting your document request to the center.
Regular US Postal Service Delivery
(For Standard US Shipments)
First Class mail delivery by the US Postal Service can take 2 to 10 days, depending on the destination within the US. Additionally, there is no tracking available for First Class mail delivery. If you want your documents sent to a US address by First Class mail, please indicate this preference when submitting your document request to the center.