F-1 Students Transferring out of Syracuse University
For current F-1 students who would like to transfer out to a different institution and are still in the United States, complete the transfer out form and submit it to the Center for International Services with an admission letter from the school you plan to attend and if applicable, their transfer-in form. A center Advisor will process your request and Syracuse University will then release your record to the school you plan to attend on the requested release date.
- Your SEVIS release date should be the end of the current semester or within 60 days of your program end date.
- You may not work on campus after your release date.
- If you are on OPT, you must select a SEVIS release date within 60 days of the completion of your OPT. Your OPT will be terminated upon your release date.
- You must begin classes at the new school within 5 months of your program end date or the Release Date, whichever is earlier. If you are on OPT, you must begin studying at the new school within 5 months of transferring out of Syracuse University or the date your OPT ends, whichever is earlier.
- If you are outside the U.S., you are ineligible to transfer out and will need to request an Initial Attendance I-20 document from your new institution.
J-1 Students Transferring out of Syracuse University
If you are a J-1 student and require the transfer of your SEVIS record, please make an appointment to see a J-1 advisor at the Center for International Services for further information.