The Center for International Services looks forward to welcoming you on campus! Please complete the International Student Check-in Process by following these instructions. If you have any questions, please email the Center for International Services or call 315.443.2457.
Students are asked to prioritize the following requirements and then review and complete tasks on the Pre-Arrival webpage.
- Activate NetID and Password: Available on the top right of your admission notification, please use your SUID number to activate your NetID and password today!
- Syracuse University Email Account: Prior to arriving to and throughout your time at Syracuse University, you will receive important and timely information. It is encouraged to access your SUMail email account often. Using your NetID and password, access your SUMail email account.
After Arriving in the U.S.
Using your NetID and password, log in to MySlice and update the following information under “My Profile:”
- Add the U.S. address where you will be living this semester in the "Current" address type, unless you are living on campus. On campus addresses will be added to MySlice by the Office of Student Living,
- Add your U.S. cell phone number as a preferred number,
- Add emergency contacts in your home country and in the U.S., if any.
Retrieve your I-94 Arrival Record and save an electronic copy. If no I-94 Arrival Record is found, save an electronic copy of that search result.
Save electronic copies of the photo page of your passport, your visa, I-20 (F1) or DS-2019 (J1). If your dependents are in the U.S. with you, save electronic copies of their documents.
Complete the Online Check-In Form and upload the copies of your I-94 Arrival Record, passport, visa, I-20 (F1) or DS-2019 (J1), and dependents' documents (if any).
After arriving in the U.S. and submitting your On-Line Check-In form, international graduate students must attend one Immigration Overview Session (unless you attended a virtual session previously). Undergraduate international students will be assigned a session time during Orientation.
- Tuesday, August 3
- Thursday August 5
- Monday, August 9
- Wednesday, August 11
- Friday, August 13
- Monday thru Thursday, August 16-19
Maxwell Auditorium, Maxwell Hall