The Office of Learning Communities is a partnership between Academic Affairs and the Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience, created in July 2003 to support the growing learning community program at Syracuse University. As such, the office reports through two distinct areas, the Office of the Associate Provost (Academic Affairs) and the Office of Student Living (Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience).
The office supports incoming students’ academic and social transition and success at Syracuse University through residential learning communities.
We will be national leaders at integrating the curricular and co-curricular experience to enhance students’ success at SU and employability beyond.
The Office of Learning Communities, through University-wide collaboration, creates living learning communities that:
- Enhance the sense of belonging for undergraduate students
- Foster peer to peer student connections
- Support students’ academic experience and success
- Provide enrichment opportunities within students’ field of study
- Sense of Belonging
- Academic Engagement & Support
- Student Satisfaction