Syracuse University’s BOLD program is a voluntary program that empowers student organizations to take charge in their leadership growth and their organization’s success.
The program’s curriculum is based on participation in skill-based workshops meant to engage student organization members in active discussion and reflection of four leadership themes:
The leader in you: explore your strengths & discover your leadership style.
Your influence on others: how those strengths can be used in your organization.
You and your organization: develop skills and techniques needed to promote your organization’s interactions & initiatives.
- Leading in your world: discover how to make a difference on campus and in your community.
Through completing goals within the curriculum, students will develop the skills needed to successfully run their organization and make positive changes on campus and in the community. Students will also be eligible earn certificates that will boost their resume and earn rewards that will contribute to their organization’s events, activities, and interactions.
Want to know more? Scroll down for the details on upcoming workshops, about our team, and frequently asked questions.
Comments, questions, or ideas? Send us a note at email@example.com.
What are the BOLD Learning Outcomes?
- Analyze their leadership strengths and areas of improvement.
- Examine the values that shape their leadership of their organization.
- Increase their contributions to their organizations’ programs and activities.
- Apply new strategies to increase communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution within their student organization.
- Critique their organization’s mission and goals.
- Create an environment that supports the diverse thoughts, opinions, and experiences of their members.
- Integrate SU policies, procedures, and resources into their organization’s activities.
- Evaluate how they can lead their organization to create positive change within the community.
Be on the lookout for emails and the latest announcements about BOLD.
Meet the BOLD Interns!
Ryan is a senior majoring in Accounting and Finance in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management. This is his first year as a BOLD intern and he is extremely excited to work with the program! Ryan also works with the New RSO Review Board at the beginning of each semester through the BOLD program.
Tara is a sophomore majoring in Public Relations at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, and minoring in Marketing at the Whitman School of Management. This semester, Tara is the BOLD management intern; in addition, she works for JERK magazine, Hill Communications, and FADS (Fashion and Design Students). Tara loves being involved with RSOs. She is very passionate in helping others build and grow their own orgs!