Events will require additional coordination and collaboration with the Student Centers and Programming Services (SCPS) team. At logistics meetings, SCPS will work with you to finalize the details of your event.
Logistic Meeting Expectations
- Due to service provider deadlines and SCPS’s need to schedule its staff, there is a two (2) week deadline to finalize all technical and security details.
- SCPS will discuss COVID-19 protocols, venue configuration and capacities, technical needs, technical riders, security needs, and itineraries to determine the level of staffing and technical support necessary.
- A room diagram will be developed during this meeting to layout the event configuration.
- SCPS reserves the right to cancel any event whose sponsor has not met with the appropriate staff member prior to this deadline.
- Events that are high profile, logistically challenging, or have high security needs may require a production meeting prior to the event. Production meetings are an opportunity for all the necessary service providers to collaborate with the sponsor prior to the event and walk through the program to troubleshoot any potential issues or trouble spots.
Event Sponsor Expectations
- Have logistics meeting two (2) weeks prior to event date to finalize COVID-19 protocols, event details, technical needs, the use of fog/haze and rehearsal times.
- One Week prior to event:
- Lighting request forms are due 1 week prior to the first rehearsal or the event if no rehearsals are scheduled.
- Day of show schedules, program order, and rehearsal schedules (if necessary) are due 1 week prior to the first rehearsal or the event date if no rehearsals are scheduled.
- Technical rehearsals are for technical purposes only
- SCPS understands that moving a performance piece to the stage may require adjustments to blocking, choreography, entrances, and exits. However the main purpose of technical rehearsals is to finalize programming for lighting and set audio levels. Any issues with choreography that are not related to transitioning to the stage or performer safety should be worked on at a different time. Organizations can reserve venues for non-technical rehearsals for free as the schedule allows.
- Same day rehearsals:
- Rehearsals will end no later than one hour prior to doors opening.
- Any sponsor or performer in the venue prior to doors opening that will be sitting in the audience will need to present their comp ticket.
- Any sponsor or performer staying in the venue prior to the doors opening that will not be sitting in the audience must relocate their belongings to the dressing room or backstage and report to their designated location.