As we return to campus for the spring 2021 semester, the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) wants to continue serving you in the best and safest way possible. Please be aware of our operating procedures this spring:
- The office is closed from December 24, 2020, – January 3, 2021.
- OSRR will be open standard University business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., beginning on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- All meetings with OSRR staff (e.g., informal resolution meetings, formal hearings, investigative meetings, etc.) will occur virtually using Zoom. OSRR staff will send students the Zoom meeting information to their SYR email account.
- Minimal in-person traffic should occur in the OSRR main office – virtual assistance should be requested instead. If you need to contact the office, please call 315.443.3728 or email us at email@example.com.
- If you must visit the office, social distancing and facial coverings are expected. Please see the signs in our hallway for how to check-in using your personal device (e.g., phone, tablet, laptop). Once you have checked-in, please have a seat in the hallway outside our suite where social distancing seating is available.
- If you arrive at the office exhibiting signs of illness, such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, you will be expected to do the following:
The staff at OSRR appreciate your willingness to keep the Syracuse University community as safe and healthy as possible.
Students interested in reviewing the student conduct file prior to an informal resolution meeting or hearing should complete a File Request/FERPA Release online.
- Students interested in having a conduct/disciplinary check completed for Common App completion, Study Abroad, etc., should submit a Common App Conduct Check request.
- Government agencies interested in having a conduct/disciplinary check completed for security clearance should complete a Disciplinary Check Request from Government Agencies request.
Any general requests or inquires for OSRR, including student conduct checks and common app processing, should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your message as soon as possible.