As we return to campus for the Fall 2021 semester, the Office of Community Standards (Formerly OSRR) wants to continue serving you in the best and safest way possible. Please be aware of our operating procedures this spring:
- Community Standards will be open during University business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., beginning on August 30th, 2021.
- Meetings with staff (e.g., informal resolution meetings, investigative meetings, etc.) will occur in person unless otherwise stated in a meeting letter. Formal Hearings with the University Conduct Board will occur via Zoom. Community Standards staff will send students the Zoom meeting information to their SYR email account.
- If you need to contact the office, please call 315.443.3728 or email us at email@example.com.
- Facial coverings are expected regardless of vaccination status in our offices. Please see the signs in our hallway for how to check-in using your personal device (e.g., phone, tablet, laptop). Once you have checked-in, please have a seat in the hallway.
- If you arrive at the office exhibiting signs of illness, such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, you will be expected to do the following:
- Leave the office and contact the Barnes Center, Health Care at 315.443.8000;
- Contact Community Standards via telephone or email to arrange alternate virtual meeting methods to address your concern. Provided you are well enough to engage in conversation, we can discuss your concerns via phone or video conference.
We all appreciate your willingness to keep the Syracuse University community as safe and healthy as possible.
Students interested in reviewing the student conduct file prior to an informal resolution meeting or hearing should complete a File Request/FERPA Release online.
- Students interested in having a conduct/disciplinary check completed for Common App completion, Study Abroad, etc., should submit a Common App Conduct Check request.
- Government agencies interested in having a conduct/disciplinary check completed for security clearance should complete a Disciplinary Check Request from Government Agencies request.
Any general requests or inquires for Community Standards, including student conduct checks and common app processing, should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your message as soon as possible.