Resident advisors (RAs) are at the heart of the living experience, serving as leaders in their communities and providing residents with support, referrals and opportunities for connection. We are actively recruiting RAs and Living Learning Community Resident Advisors (LLCRAs) for the 2021-2022 Academic Year! The deadline to apply is Feb. 21, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- There are ~175 RA positions across campus during the academic year. This includes the roughly 53 Living Learning Community Resident Advisors.
- RA positions are available on North Campus and South Campus for the academic year.
- The academic year RA benefits includes room and board (housing and meal plan) valued at a total of $8,115.00 a semester (as of 2019). If you are a Living Learning Community RA, there is the opportunity to earn additional compensation.
- All candidates interested in participating in the RA recruitment process, may not have an active disciplinary status at the time of application and/or time of employment, and must be in good academic standing with the University.
- Learn more about the RA position on the RA frequently asked questions page.
- LLCRAs are just like other RAs, but with a few added tasks and responsibilities at an additional 50 hours a year, which include but are not limited to:
- Attend LLC Palooza with LLC Residents
- Assist with providing 6 additional LC engagement opportunities a year: a Fall Bonding event; a Faculty Experience event; an Experiential Enrichment event; a Spring Re-connect event; a Diversity & Inclusion event; and an End of the year closure event.
- Interact with LLC Faculty/Staff at team meetings or when planning programs
- Serve as a teammate to peer mentors and those serving on a LLC team
- Serve as an on-going recruitment ambassador to potential LLCRAs and incoming first-year LLC residents
- Complete administrative tasks and responsibilities associated with the LLCRA role
To compensate for the extra responsibility, LLCRAs receive a maximum of approximately $625* per year.
*For the 2021-2022 Academic year.
- Step 1: Review the 2021-2022 RA and LLCRA job descriptions. Following, attend or watch an Info Session.
- Step 2: Visit Handshake to complete your New RA Application, for a complete job description and more. If this is your first time using Handshake, please visit the Career Services website for additional information and instructions. New RA Applications are open Monday, Dec. 14, 2020, through Sunday, Feb. 21, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- Step 3: Check your email (i.e. @syr.edu) for an invitation to schedule your Individual Interview and Group Process Interviews.
- Friday, Mar. 12, and Saturday, Mar. 13, 2021
- Friday, Mar. 19, and Saturday, Mar. 20, 2021
- Step 4: Complete your Individual Interview and Group Process Interviews.
- Step 5: Receive an email update (i.e. @syr.edu) from the Office of Student Living in early April 2021, regarding your 2021-2022 RA Application Status. Please note, due to the size of our applicant pool and number of RA positions, we will hold an alternate list for any vacancies that arise throughout the summer and the 2021-2022 academic year.
Virtual Information Sessions are being held via Zoom on the following dates and times:
- Friday, Feb. 12 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. (ET)
- Monday, Feb. 15 from 6 – 7 p.m. (ET)
- Thursday, Feb 18 from Noon – 1 p.m. (ET)
Interested individuals may access the Zoom Info Sessions here.
Please note there will be a presentation following each information session with the Office of Financial Aid, which reviews the financial benefits of the RA role and the impact that this may have on an RAs financial aid package.
If you would like to watch our asynchronous Info Session, watch the recorded session here. Please note that the dates included within this recording have been updated since the time of the recording. Please refer to the dates at the top of this page for the most accurate information regarding the application deadline and the group interview process.
For questions or to request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.443.3637.