An opportunity to get an early start on shaping your Syracuse University experience!
Designed to help first-year students make a successful transition to campus life, SummerStart will help you get ahead for the fall semester and set a strong foundation for your success here on campus and beyond.
This six-week, in-person residential program begins prior to the start of the fall semester, running July 19, 2021 – August 27, 2021. By participating, you will:
- Take courses and earn 7-9 credits towards your degree before your first semester at Syracuse University;
- Get an early start on fulfilling academic requirements;
- Build connections with faculty and staff in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Make friends and build community while getting to experience campus life;
- Explore and participate in the many campus life offerings available through the Barnes Center at The Arch, Student Activities, cultural centers, and more;
- Gain confidence in understanding college academic and social expectations before your first semester; and
- Receive support from the Office of Student Success throughout the summer and into the fall semester.
“SummerStart is a great way to meet other first year students and have unforgettable experiences. I still have some friends that I made in SummerStart. It also gave me an advantage in getting accustomed to campus life. By the time fall semester came around, I already knew how to efficiently get around campus, use resources like the Writing Center, and most importantly, I knew where to eat without breaking the bank.” – Rod Hall ’21